Gravity R&D is looking for a Junior System Engineer to support the operation of its SaaS personalization system integrated with complex enterprise IT environments.
We are looking for a new member to extend our Global Services team serving real-time personalized recommendations to clients in over 20 countries from 7+ data centers: Richmond VA (US east coast), San Francisco CA, Bay Area (US west coast), Amsterdam, Frankfurt (in progress), Budapest, Singapore, Tokyo.
Why join us?
- You can participate in the productization of state-of-the-art technologies developed by the industry’s leading research team
- You will get the first-hand experience on a dynamically growing global market
- You will have a chance to work together with hyperscalers as well as specialized providers in a global market
- We provide a flexible work environment with the option to work remotely
- You will be working in an inspiring and innovative start-up atmosphere
Your responsibilities will be:
- Participating in the development of an SaaS infrastructure, facing an ever changing plethora of challenges from both orchestration and scaling point of view.
- Development of internal tools and services
- Maintaining internal and public facing environments used by Gravity R&D
- Disaster recovery and voluntary participation in a on-call schedule
- Back office support
- Working together with international teams (including vendors) to keep deployed systems up to date
What we are looking for:
- Basic understanding of programming methodology
- Basic understanding of Ansible
- Basic understanding of Linux
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP
- Basic understanding of SQL, familiarity with MySQL is a plus
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies – QEMU/KVM – and cloud softwares is a plus.
- Familiarity with Docker, and container based microservice architecture
Skills and personality:
- Good written and spoken English, Hungarian is an advantage
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Taking ownership of the field and tasks.
- Precise and proactive personality
- Willingness to learn
- Good team worker
To apply please fill in the form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.