Senior Software Engineer – Budapest
We are looking for an experienced and talented senior software engineer to enhance our growing development team.
About Gravity R&D
Gravity R&D develops artificial intelligence and machine learning based solutions to provide real time, predictive big data analytics for its clients on five continents. Offering multiple products under the Yusp brand, Gravity’s value proposition combines world-class intellectual property, exceptional algorithmic portfolio and advanced analytics to drive revenue growth now and into the future for online only, and bricks and mortar companies.
Supported by its worldwide strategic partnership with Deloitte Digital, the company is a prominent player of the next generation digital transformation and personalization landscape. With its HQ in Hungary, the team consists of 40 people, among them some of the best mathematicians and data scientists, to serve over 500 million individually tailored product, service, and content recommendations each day.
As a Senior Developer, you will be responsible for design, implementation, documentation, testing, maintenance and code review of software.
- 5+ years experience in building software using Java
- Experience with Python
- Working knowledge of relational and/or non-relational databases
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or studies
- Passion for working on hard scoring problems
- Reliability, openness, flexibility and proactive personality
- Interested in and aware of state-of-the-art technologies
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- You can easily find your way in complex, distributed systems comprising multiple technologies
- Good sense of humor
- Knowing what is the difference between a 10x programmer and an 1x programmer
- Experience with the following softwares / technologies: Linux, Git, GitLab, Gradle, Redis, Jenkins, Kafka, Spring framework, Spring Boot and MVC, JUnit, Mockito
- Experience in developing cloud based applications (Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes)
- Experience with technologies for distributed storing and processing of data (Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, ElasticSearch)
What we offer
- The code you write will be used to serve 15 billion recommendations per month for 400M visitors around the world
- Participation in creating a unique, better than state-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation package
- Mentoring of new people
- Inspiring and innovative start-up atmosphere coupled with the highest possible level of professionalism – simply meritocracy.
- Comfortable working conditions: private building on Villányi street with garden, no dress code, free snacks and beverages, foosball, table tennis etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Experienced, creative and helpful colleagues
- Quickly growing company
To apply please fill in the form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.