About Gravity R&D
Gravity R&D develops artificial intelligence and machine learning based solutions to provide real time, predictive big data analytics for its clients on five continents. Offering multiple products under the Yusp brand, Gravity’s value proposition combines world-class intellectual property, exceptional algorithmic portfolio and advanced analytics to drive revenue growth now and into the future for companies in over 25 countries.
The company is a prominent player of the next generation personalization landscape. With its HQ in Hungary, the team consists of 30 people, among them some of the best mathematicians and data scientists, to serve over 500 million individually tailored product, service, and content recommendations each day.
You will be a member of our cross-functional team of Yuspify, responsible for shipping a state-of-the-art recommendation solution for Small Medium Size Businesses. You will work together with Key account manager, CTO, Product Owner, Product Designer, Architect, front-end, and back-end developers.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Product development team who will take part in implementation as well as in architectural planning. He will develop, maintain and operate backend services and processes. The day to day tasks would mainly require your broad expertise in server side technologies and to participate in the articulation of those features.
Remote / Office
During the covid pandemia the whole team worked remotely, using slack and google meet to keep in touch with each other.
What the role will be
- Taking part in software specification and architecture planning
- Proactively identifying and prioritizing between the daily tasks
- Review code, lead refactoring activities, provide guidance from technical perspective for all Software Engineer members of the team
- Responsible for Application modules and maintenance
- As we work with DevOps mindset you will inevitably need to develop and maintain build and deployment tooling for the modules and applications you are responsible for
- Be available to our junior colleagues, who will seek you for advice and mentoring
- You will have a great impact on our product development therefore we are open to your new ideas and to your ability to drive change
- Developing the business logic layer with direct impact on customer facing applications
What we’re looking for
- You are able to to break complex issues down for your fellow developers and other stakeholders
- Proven object-oriented programming and functional programming skills
- 3+ years development experience in a OOP language (C#, Java preferred)
- Eager to learn new technologies
- You know the WEB. Yes it is primarily a Backend position but our business takes place in the Browser, so you must understand how it works, the HTTP protocol, CORS, Cookie policies must be familiar to you.
- Solid SQL knowledge
- Experience with non Relational Database Systems (Elastic is strongly preferred)
- You master git
- You know and use design patterns and algorithms in your day-to-day work
- You are comfortable with Linux in general and eager to learn (unless you already know) K8S
- A self-starter who’s equally happy working on your own or alongside a small team
Ideally some of these are also true to you:
- prior SaaS experience
- prior Personalization experience or interest in the subject
- experience with .Net Core and ASP.NET Core
- experience with Java 8 and above
- front-end experience or drive to learn a bit of it
- knowledgeable in web authentication especially in OAuth protocol
- experience with WebSockets
- networking experience
- experience with NodeJS or PHP
- familiarity with Elasticsearch
- Docker user
- Linux power user
- K8S Development Experience
- experience with Cloud Providers
- further 1-2 years of working experience in Python, Scala, Rust
What we offer
- Taking part in the creation of a state-of-the-art technology
- Competitive salary
- Comfortable working conditions – we don’t have a dress code, but we have snacks and beverages, foosball and table tennis waiting for you at the office
- A wide range of opportunities to grow professionally and build new skills
- Team activities and events
- Beautiful office with a huge garden, in the heart of Budapest
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy
- Experienced and creative colleagues, always ready to teach you something new
To apply please fill in the form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.